Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

My 21st birthday was Thursday, and I had a divine time. It was just an ordinary day. I had class. I had work. But what made it totally awesome was I got to take my ID picture and I went to Bravo's.

Bravo's. MMMM. I love Italian food. It speaks to me. I secretly think in another life I WAS Italian. I simply have to say the best thing to get there is the Chicken, Spinach, Bacon Flatbread. It's been two days and I'm still fantasizing about it. I don't like spinach, but this flatbread was delicious. It had the right balance of all the flavors and everything tasted fresh. I'm trying to think of a way to reproduce it so I can have it at my (future) wedding! Haha, seriously, it's a must try.

I wanted to bake and decorate my very own cake for my birthday, however there's been some difficulties with the kitchen. So I'll have to test my cake decorating skill at a later date. I do however bring you Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from The Taste of Home Cookbook
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flaked coconut
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Gather the above ingredients.

Cream both sugars and butter in a large bowl.

 Beat in vanilla and egg.

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.

Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.

On an ungreased baking sheet, shape dough into 3 tsp balls about 3 inches apart. Bake at 350 for about 12-18 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on wire racks.

Makes about 1 dozen cookies.

*I forgot to take a picture of the end result and Judge ate them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment