Thursday, February 17, 2011

At the Start Line

I have no fancy stories about growing up around food. All of my cakes came from a box. My mother didn't whisper secret recipes in my ear and by the time I was ready to settle down in the kitchen my grandmother was burned out from cooking for a family of six.

Well, that was depressing, huh?

Truth is I'm a 20-year-old who has fallen in love with the beauty of  food. The aroma, the texture, the taste and of course the cools gadgets and exotic ingredients excite me. However, living in a college dorm on a lowly paycheck doesn't allow me the freedoms to prepare all the fancy dishes I see in cookbooks. I thought there must be other newbie foodies in collegeland, right? So this blog was created to chronicle my journey from college into the "real world" and to inspire other college students to pick up a cookbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment